Propane Tank Sizes
Whether you are new to using propane or need to replace your existing propane tank, our propane experts will determine the proper solution for your home or business.
The size of the tank is based on several factors, starting with how you intend to use propane. Propane used for home/office heating is based on the square footage of your home or business. If it’s being used to power appliances, the quantity and types of appliances need to be considered.
Review the propane tank size guide below for more information on propane tank sizes. Note that a propane tank is only able to be filled to 80%. The tanks details will highlight how many gallons you get when full.
- 20 Pound Tanks are best suited for LP grills and outdoor heaters.
- 33.5 Pound Cylinders are used for Forklifts and other commercial equipment.
- 50 Gallon Tanks are used for small applications such as cooking.
- 120 Gallon Tanks are the most widely used tank. Up to four can be connected together and used for everything from fireplaces to heating your home or business.
- 500 Gallon and 1000 Gallon Tanks are best suited to operate all of your home heating, hot water, and appliances.
Underground Tanks are available for an additional charge above the $1 Lease Fee.
Contact us today if you would like to discuss our propane tank options and installation. We’ll be happy to answer any questions and schedule an appointment for any services you require.